During today’s Nintendo Indie World Showcase, developer Studio Supersoft and publisher Raw Fury revealed that Moonstone Island, the magical creature-collecting life sim, will settle down on Nintendo Switch in spring 2024. Embark from home to become a full-fledged alchemist in a colorful open world with 100 islands in the sky to explore. Make friends, brew potions, tame wild Spirits, and test them in card-based battles while taking the adventure wherever you go with Nintendo Switch!
Check out the Moonstone Island Nintendo Switch Spring 2024 announce trailer:
First released earlier this fall to critical praise and “Very Positive” reviews on Steam, Moonstone Island transports you to a delightful world full of charming creatures and characters inspired by Studio Ghibli classics like Kiki’s Delivery Service, Castle in the Sky and more. (check out our Steam review!) Explore ancient temples, dangerous dungeons, and diverse biomes to prove yourself as a true alchemist and uncover the secrets of Moonstone Island. As you grow, you’ll master new skills, raise your own team of wild Spirits, and make a new home and life for yourself in the clouds!
Moonstone Island Key Features
- Explore a Magical World: Travel by balloon, broom, and glider to discover a vast sky full of unique people, places, and creatures.
- Find Your New Home: Build and customize a cozy new abode of your own on any of the 100 islands in your procedurally generated world.
- Make New Friends & More: Become a member of the community – befriend your NPC neighbors, go on dates, and fall in love!
- Discover Wild Spirit Companions: Tame and befriend a team of wild Spirits to fight alongside you in card-based combat.
- Dungeon Crawling & Farming: Explore dungeons to earn upgrades, collect loot, and uncover secrets while growing crops and flowers for brewing potions and more!
- Become a Full-fledged Alchemist: Optimize your character with unique skills and upgrades, and craft dozens of items and vehicles to survive the treacherous wilderness.
Related: Moonstone Island Review for Steam
I'm a published author and proud US Army veteran who happens to be a gamer, so I decided to combine the two and love every minute of it! Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments and I'll be sure to get back to you.