Rise and shine! Developer Beamdog and publisher Aspyr have announced that the first-person roguelike action game MythForce is out now on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam, and has officially exited early access on the Epic Games Store. Set in a fantasy world inspired by 1980s-era cartoons, the full launch of MythForce grows the adventure with new story episodes, unlockable difficulty modes for greater challenges, and an overhaul of the meta-progression system. MythForce is available on all platforms for $29.99, and a Deluxe Edition featuring the base game, original soundtrack and art book is available on Steam for $39.99.
Check out the MythForce launch trailer:
MythForce is a roguelike adventure set in the ever-changing Cursed Lands, an immersive cartoon world filled with crypts and castles. Team up as a group of up to four friends in online co-op on PC, PlayStation and Xbox (up to two players on Nintendo Switch), and unleash your inner hero in intense first-person combat, wielding legendary weapons and powerful magic in an immersive fantasy dungeon crawl that will test your skills and leave you craving for more.
MythForce Key Features
- Star in Your Own Saturday Morning Cartoon: Step into a vibrant and colorful world crafted on the classic aesthetics and techniques of the ’80s animation era.
- High Fantasy Swords & Sorcery: Feel the thrill of each swing and the might of each spell as you smite hordes of enemies and emerge victorious in heart-pounding, first-person combat.
- Deep Roguelike Adventure: Level up as you explore the dungeon, uncovering magical artifacts and upgrades to become even stronger with each playthrough.
- Play Together with Friends: Team up with friends or meet fellow adventurers online to conquer the Cursed Lands together in co-op mode for up to four players on PC, Xbox and PlayStation, and two players on Nintendo Switch.
- New Content for 1.0 Launch: The official 1.0 launch of MythForce on consoles and PC includes nine episodes across three chapters (up from one chapter in early access) and an overhaul of the meta-progression system with drop-in/drop-out functionality for online co-op.
Aspyr and Beamdog have also partnered with Limited Run Games to release physical Standard and Collector’s editions of MythForce on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. The Collector’s edition includes several exclusive items for die-hard fans. For more information on these products, available to pre-order now through Sept. 24, visit www.limitedrungames.com/collections/mythforce.
Related: MythForce Preview for Steam
I'm a published author and proud US Army veteran who happens to be a gamer, so I decided to combine the two and love every minute of it! Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments and I'll be sure to get back to you.