In a thrilling update for survival horror fans, the eagerly awaited new demo of Vorax is now available exclusively during Steam Next Fest. This latest offering introduces players to a post-apocalyptic world where danger lurks around every corner, and survival is the name of the game. With a host of significant updates and enhancements, Vorax promises an immersive open-world survival horror gameplay experience that pushes the boundaries of the genre.
At the heart of this update is a complete overhaul of AI behavior, making encounters with human enemies, monsters, and the newly introduced Dogmen more challenging and engaging. The addition of two new mini-bosses, the Pockmarked Mutant, and the Naked mini-boss, alongside a revamped animation locomotion system, brings a new layer of depth and realism to the game. Although the demo won’t feature the Barrels Boss or car/driving mechanics, players can look forward to these in the full game.
As the demo hits Steam Next Fest, both new players and seasoned survivors are invited to dive into this reimagined apocalypse. With its blend of intense combat, strategic gameplay, blood-pumping atmosphere, and immersive storytelling, Vorax is poised to become a staple in the libraries of survival horror game players everywhere.
Vorax Steam Next Fest Demo Key Features:
- AI and Animation Overhaul: Completely redesigned AI behavior and animation locomotion systems for more dynamic and realistic enemy interactions
- New Enemies and Bosses: Added 3 types of Dogmen, 2 new mini-bosses (Pockmarked Mutant and Naked mini-boss), and the Barrels Boss (full game only)
- Enhanced Companion System: New feature to tame or recruit Dogmen as companions or allies
- Visual Effects Refinement: Upgraded ragdoll, blood, bleeding, and dismemberment effects for a more immersive experience
- Gameplay Enhancements: Introduced new base-building options, improved car driving mechanics (full game only), and added new weapons and resources
- Visual and Audio Upgrades: Improved map lighting, textures, models, UI, and made minor audio improvements across vehicle, gun, and combat sounds
- Game World Expansion: Adjusted material/ammo spawns, overhauled NPC drops, enhanced NPC pathfinding, and added more roads, locations, and environmental storytelling elements
- Weather and Environmental Effects: Overhauled weather systems with the addition of fog, thunderstorms, rain, dust effects, and volumetric fog for an enriched atmosphere
- Gameplay and World Interaction: Introduced Arachnorats, new interactable bushes, searchable containers for loot, and breakable glowing growths for biomass collection
- Navigation and Exploration Tools: In-game mission markers, compass, and specific markers for car and landmark objectives were added, alongside dozens of new playable locations and bug fixes
- Tech and Content Updates: New quests (e.g., Tech Guy Quest in sanctuary), improved weapon animations, a cleaner cheats console, optimized world settings, and switched to Unreal Engine 5.2 for better performance and visuals.
You can start playing the Vorax Steam Next Fest demo right now thru February 12.
I have always enjoyed playing video games and am a programming team lead for a video game company. I co-founded Gaming Cypher because I enjoy the gaming community and would like to provide the best news service around. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will make sure to get back to you quickly.